USA: U.S. FDA confirms no health risk from Mamba(R) Candy
The FDA confirmed that Mamba® brand candy poses no health risk to the public. The FDA also has determined and stated that the manufacturer of Mamba, August Storck KG, is in compliance with FDA requirements relating to the use of gelatin. Fears about the safety of the candy were raised earlier this month when authorities in Poland detained more than 9000 food and drug products containing beef and beef by-products originating from 12 different European Union nations. Mamba was one of the products listed in the extensive Polish action.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund