USA: US food - a safety overhaul needed - COMMENT (Members)
Congress is preparing to debate various plans for overhauling the US' food safety system. As consumer confidence falls in the government's ability to ensure food safety, a change may be needed. Some Congress members want to create a single agency for all food standards, although many in the industry want things to stay as they are. In the end, the solution might be simpler than total overhaul: more resources and shared burdens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti