USA: US food and drink - the impact of nutraceutical legislation - COMMENT
The Nutraceutical Research and Education Act will be reintroduced in the next session of Congress. If the NREA is passed then manufacturers could promote a direct health benefit claim with ten years of exclusivity in the use of their nutraceutical products. The result would be a shakeup in the nutraceutical industry, leading to more innovation and fewer weaker claims - ultimately a healthier situation for the consumer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group