USA: US food - pass the white meat - COMMENT
The US will lift its ban on meat imports from some European countries. The Agriculture Department says it is now safe to import pork and some beef products from foot-and-mouth-free parts of Europe. The move goes some way towards reducing the huge economic impact of the crisis on European producers and US distributors - but particularly due to the ongoing mad cow disease scare, it will be a long time before all the restrictions are eased.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units