USA: US food - pass the white meat - COMMENT
The US will lift its ban on meat imports from some European countries. The Agriculture Department says it is now safe to import pork and some beef products from foot-and-mouth-free parts of Europe. The move goes some way towards reducing the huge economic impact of the crisis on European producers and US distributors - but particularly due to the ongoing mad cow disease scare, it will be a long time before all the restrictions are eased.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO