USA: US food - pass the white meat - COMMENT
The US will lift its ban on meat imports from some European countries. The Agriculture Department says it is now safe to import pork and some beef products from foot-and-mouth-free parts of Europe. The move goes some way towards reducing the huge economic impact of the crisis on European producers and US distributors - but particularly due to the ongoing mad cow disease scare, it will be a long time before all the restrictions are eased.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs