USA: U.S. Foodservice announces acquisition of Mutual Wholesale Co.
U.S. Foodservice (NYSE: UFS) today announced that it has signed a letter of intent to acquire Mutual Wholesale Co. ("Mutual" or the "Company"), a broadline distributor in central and south Florida. Mutual generates annual sales of approximately $300 million and is headquartered in Lakeland, Florida, with a branch in Pompano Beach, Florida. The Company services over 4,200 accounts, primarily restaurants, schools, universities and health care institutions, with a range of food and related non-food items. Mutual is also a Certified Angus Beef® brand distributor in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk