USA: U.S. Foodservice announces acquisition of Mutual Wholesale Co.
U.S. Foodservice (NYSE: UFS) today announced that it has signed a letter of intent to acquire Mutual Wholesale Co. ("Mutual" or the "Company"), a broadline distributor in central and south Florida. Mutual generates annual sales of approximately $300 million and is headquartered in Lakeland, Florida, with a branch in Pompano Beach, Florida. The Company services over 4,200 accounts, primarily restaurants, schools, universities and health care institutions, with a range of food and related non-food items. Mutual is also a Certified Angus Beef® brand distributor in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill