USA: U.S. Foodservice Completes Settlement of Lawsuits With Springfield Foodservice Corporation
During the course of the litigation, injunctions were granted by the Middlesex Superior Court of Massachusetts against the employees, Springfield Foodservice Corporation and Joseph Cambi, which prohibited them from violating the terms of the agreements. The two cases were scheduled for trial in December, 1999 and February, 2000, respectively. The settlement, including SFC's payments to U.S. Foodservice and acknowledgment of the validity of U.S. Foodservice's non-competition agreements, ended both cases.
U.S. Foodservice is one of the largest broadline foodservice distributors in the United States distributing food and related products to restaurants and institutional foodservice establishments across the continental United States. U.S. Foodservice markets and distributes more than 43,000 national, private label and signature brand items to over 143,000 foodservice customers, including restaurants, hotels, healthcare facilities, cafeterias and schools, and employs more than 14,000 foodservice professionals. U.S. Foodservice's diverse customer base encompasses both independent and chain businesses.
Private label is stealing a march on brand names, and nowhere is this truer than in the food sector. Grocers may be driving private label, but it's not necessarily bad news for consumers, or even manu...
The organic market appears to be going from strength to strength, especially if this year's BioFach exhibition is anything to go by. With over 2,000 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 30,000 v...
The new health consciousness of consumers is believed to be one of the reasons for stagnant value growth of ice cream sales in Western Europe. But with new and unusual combinations of flavours, more p...
The proportion of own brand products is set to rise in Australia, as the nation's two largest supermarket chains push ahead with plans to introduce new, more up-market, private label ranges....
A new report from Datamonitor has revealed that in Europe private label products, which are increasingly competing with famous brands, are most widely purchased in the UK....
Japanese retailer Seiyu is planning to improve its own-label product offering in a bid to boost sales and earnings....
US meat processor Smithfield Foods has reported a rise in earnings for the fourth quarter and year ended 1 May 2005, bolstered by a good performance in the hog sector....
US branded and private label snack foods maker Lance has announced that director David Singer has been named president and chief executive officer, effective immediately. ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits