USA: U.S. Foodservice Purchase Complete
U.S. Foodservice (NYSE: UFS), one of the nations largest food service distributors, today announced that it has closed the transaction with Royal Ahold, whereby Ahold has acquired full ownership of U.S. Foodservice. Royal Ahold announced its intention to buy U.S. Foodservice on March 7, 2000, making a cash tender offer of $26 per share for U.S. Foodservice common stock.Royal Ahold has merged its wholly-owned acquisition subsidiary into U.S. Foodservice, resulting in U.S. Foodservice becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ahold USA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations