USA: U.S. Foodservice Purchase Complete
U.S. Foodservice (NYSE: UFS), one of the nations largest food service distributors, today announced that it has closed the transaction with Royal Ahold, whereby Ahold has acquired full ownership of U.S. Foodservice. Royal Ahold announced its intention to buy U.S. Foodservice on March 7, 2000, making a cash tender offer of $26 per share for U.S. Foodservice common stock.Royal Ahold has merged its wholly-owned acquisition subsidiary into U.S. Foodservice, resulting in U.S. Foodservice becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ahold USA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin