USA: US government funding results in patent for cancer chemoprotective food
US government-funded research has generated results meriting the grant of US patent 6177122 for "Cancer chemoprotective food products" to Johns Hopkins School of Medicine . This is an improvement over the same school's 1998 patent 5725895 and 5968567 of 1999. The Government has a paid-up license in this invention and the right in limited circumstances to require the patent owner to license others on reasonable terms.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin