AUSTRALIA: US lawyer warns ANZFA not to follow illegal US example on GM food policy
US environmental lawyer Steven Druker warned the Australian government not to follow the US example on GM food policy. Speaking at a seminar organised by the GenEthics Network and the Organic Federation of Australia , Druker explained that GM plants and food ingredients were approved by the US government despite a lack of proper testing and no understanding of their long-term health effects.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill