USA/MALAYSIA: US patent for carotene-preserving edible oil refining process
Malaysian firm Carotina SDN . BHD has been awarded US patent 6177114 for a process for refining edible oils, especially palmolein, so as to retain maximum carotene and vitamin E, while eliminating free fatty acids. This is an improvement over the group's 1999 US patent 5932261.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses