USA/EU: US raises stakes in wheat gluten dispute with EU
The United States has launched a counterattack on the European Union in the WTO dispute over US safeguard duties on wheat gluten, which Brussels won in December. As a result, the EU has imposed its own tit-for-tat safeguard duties on American wheat gluten and now Washington has turned around and claimed that the EU has imposed its protective duties in a way that breaks WTO rules. The USA has instigated disputes proceedings by launching formal talks on the issue, saying that Brussels had failed to properly consult with the American government and the WTO Council on Trade in Goods, before establishing the duties.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group