USA/EU: US raises stakes in wheat gluten dispute with EU
The United States has launched a counterattack on the European Union in the WTO dispute over US safeguard duties on wheat gluten, which Brussels won in December. As a result, the EU has imposed its own tit-for-tat safeguard duties on American wheat gluten and now Washington has turned around and claimed that the EU has imposed its protective duties in a way that breaks WTO rules. The USA has instigated disputes proceedings by launching formal talks on the issue, saying that Brussels had failed to properly consult with the American government and the WTO Council on Trade in Goods, before establishing the duties.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning