USA/EU: US raises stakes in wheat gluten dispute with EU
The United States has launched a counterattack on the European Union in the WTO dispute over US safeguard duties on wheat gluten, which Brussels won in December. As a result, the EU has imposed its own tit-for-tat safeguard duties on American wheat gluten and now Washington has turned around and claimed that the EU has imposed its protective duties in a way that breaks WTO rules. The USA has instigated disputes proceedings by launching formal talks on the issue, saying that Brussels had failed to properly consult with the American government and the WTO Council on Trade in Goods, before establishing the duties.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review