US: US snacks plant to go as Kellogg continues revamp
Kellogg is looking to make better use of resources to try to drive growth
Kellogg has announced plans to shut a snacks plant in the US and rejig another as part of its moves to restructure its business worldwide.
The company said its facility in Charlotte in North Carolina would close by the end of the year. It also set out plans to cut two lines at another snacks site in Cincinnati in Ohio.
The revamp of Kellogg's snacks production in the US is the latest in a series of moves by the US food giant to make its business efficient and raise funds to invest in its core sectors in developed markets and to invest in emerging economies.
Last month, Kelloog said it would cut around 140 jobs at a UK manufacturing facility. In December, Kellogg said plants in Australia and Canada would close.
However, the company has said it would build a snacks plant in Malaysia and expand an existing site in Thailand.
"We have a compelling business need to better align our assets with marketplace trends and customer requirements," Kellogg president and CEO John Bryant said. "To that end, we are taking action to ensure our manufacturing network is operating the right number of plants and production lines – in the right locations – to better meet current and future production needs and the evolving needs of our customers."
Kellogg reports its financial results for 2013 on Thursday. In November, it lowered its forecast for annual earnings after lower-than-expected sales.
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Kellogg reduced its reliance on breakfast cereals with the Pringles acquisition in 2012, giving it a strengthened presence in sweet and savoury snacks and frozen food products. The company is now begi...
"The Future of the Pasta & Noodles Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report