US: US snacks plant to go as Kellogg continues revamp
Kellogg is looking to make better use of resources to try to drive growth
Kellogg has announced plans to shut a snacks plant in the US and rejig another as part of its moves to restructure its business worldwide.
The company said its facility in Charlotte in North Carolina would close by the end of the year. It also set out plans to cut two lines at another snacks site in Cincinnati in Ohio.
The revamp of Kellogg's snacks production in the US is the latest in a series of moves by the US food giant to make its business efficient and raise funds to invest in its core sectors in developed markets and to invest in emerging economies.
Last month, Kelloog said it would cut around 140 jobs at a UK manufacturing facility. In December, Kellogg said plants in Australia and Canada would close.
However, the company has said it would build a snacks plant in Malaysia and expand an existing site in Thailand.
"We have a compelling business need to better align our assets with marketplace trends and customer requirements," Kellogg president and CEO John Bryant said. "To that end, we are taking action to ensure our manufacturing network is operating the right number of plants and production lines – in the right locations – to better meet current and future production needs and the evolving needs of our customers."
Kellogg reports its financial results for 2013 on Thursday. In November, it lowered its forecast for annual earnings after lower-than-expected sales.
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Kellogg reduced its reliance on breakfast cereals with the Pringles acquisition in 2012, giving it a strengthened presence in sweet and savoury snacks and frozen food products. The company is now begi...
"The Future of the Pasta & Noodles Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details