USA/CANADA: USA threatens further WTO action against Canadian dairy exports
The US is threatening Canada with an application to the World Trade Organisation for the right to impose trade sanctions, because it claims that Ottawa has failed to comply with last year's WTO ruling that its two-tiered export pricing system for milk broke world trade rules. Two days of meetings between Canadian and US trade officials last week failed to resolve the row. It is now expected that WTO disputes procedures experts will be asked to re-examine the case to decide whether Canada has reformed its dairy export procedures in line with their decision last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units