USA/CANADA: USA threatens further WTO action against Canadian dairy exports
The US is threatening Canada with an application to the World Trade Organisation for the right to impose trade sanctions, because it claims that Ottawa has failed to comply with last year's WTO ruling that its two-tiered export pricing system for milk broke world trade rules. Two days of meetings between Canadian and US trade officials last week failed to resolve the row. It is now expected that WTO disputes procedures experts will be asked to re-examine the case to decide whether Canada has reformed its dairy export procedures in line with their decision last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery