USA/CANADA: USA threatens further WTO action against Canadian dairy exports
The US is threatening Canada with an application to the World Trade Organisation for the right to impose trade sanctions, because it claims that Ottawa has failed to comply with last year's WTO ruling that its two-tiered export pricing system for milk broke world trade rules. Two days of meetings between Canadian and US trade officials last week failed to resolve the row. It is now expected that WTO disputes procedures experts will be asked to re-examine the case to decide whether Canada has reformed its dairy export procedures in line with their decision last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"