USA: USDA accused of not acting fast enough in Pilgrim’s Pride recall
Consumer groups in the US questioned the length of time that it took the USDA to make a link between a recent listeria outbreak and a strain of listeria found at a Pilgrim's Pride plant in Franconia. Pilgrim's Pride recalled 27.4m pounds of deli meat on Sunday after concerns that it may have become contaminated with listeria while being processed at the plant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK