USA: USDA accused of not acting fast enough in Pilgrim’s Pride recall
Consumer groups in the US questioned the length of time that it took the USDA to make a link between a recent listeria outbreak and a strain of listeria found at a Pilgrim's Pride plant in Franconia. Pilgrim's Pride recalled 27.4m pounds of deli meat on Sunday after concerns that it may have become contaminated with listeria while being processed at the plant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund