USA: USDA announces final tobacco referendum results
The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the results from two referenda held during March among growers of fire-cured (types 21 through 23) and dark air-cured (types 35 and 36) tobacco to determine whether to have marketing quotas for marketing years 2000, 2001, and 2002.The results show that 4,809 of the 5,229 fire-cured tobacco producers and 4,785 of the 5,295 dark air-cured tobacco producers who voted in the referendum - or 92.0 percent and 90.4 percent, respectively - voted to approve quotas. Since at least two-thirds of the producers voting in the referenda voted in favor, marketing quotas will remain in effect for these kinds of tobacco for the marketing years 2000, 2001, and 2002.The State-by-State results are:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review