USA: USDA has purchased meat for schools from plants violating safety regulations
The US Department of Agriculture ( USDA ) is purchasing meat from processing plants that have regularly violated food safety rules in a bid to procure the 300 million pounds of frozen beef requirement of the National School Lunch Program. The plants producing the meat for the USDA violate critical safety regulations at a higher rate than the industry average, according to an analysis of USDA data conducted by the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs