PHILIPPINES: USDA urges Philippines to invest in Guimaras Island mango production
The Philippines has been advised to utilise part of the proceeds from its US commodity loan to finance the expansion of mango farms on Guimaras Island, which is found in the central group of islands in the country. The area is certified by the US Department of Agriculture as the only domestic pest-free producer and increased yields here will meet US demand for export quality, according to the US agricultural counsellor to Manila, Charles T Alexander.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti