USA: Vale Wood Farms Becomes Second Dairy to Qualify For American Humane Association Free Farmed Label
The American Humane Association (AHA) and Farm Animal Services (FAS) today announced that Vale Wood Farms of Loretto, Pennsylvania is the second dairy in the nation to qualify for the Free Farmed label. The label, unveiled this past fall, is the first-ever program to certify that farm animals are raised in a humane manner. A Free Farmed label on products ensures consumers that the milk they purchase from Vale Wood Farms comes from animals that were treated according to animal welfare standards developed by AHA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast