USA: Vale Wood Farms Becomes Second Dairy to Qualify For American Humane Association Free Farmed Label
The American Humane Association (AHA) and Farm Animal Services (FAS) today announced that Vale Wood Farms of Loretto, Pennsylvania is the second dairy in the nation to qualify for the Free Farmed label. The label, unveiled this past fall, is the first-ever program to certify that farm animals are raised in a humane manner. A Free Farmed label on products ensures consumers that the milk they purchase from Vale Wood Farms comes from animals that were treated according to animal welfare standards developed by AHA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods