Valio launches kefir drink
Valio pointed to rising interest in kefir in western Europe
Finland-based dairy group Valio has launched a line of kefir drinks in its domestic market.
The drinks are available in three varieties - original, raspberry and peach. With sugar consumption in the spotlight in Finland, Valio touted the nutritional make-up of the drinks. It said the original, non-flavoured kefir contains no added sugar, with the two flavoured options including four grams of sugar per 100g.
Valio said kefir was "popular" in Russia and eastern Europe and pointed to the rising sales of the product in the US. The company said consumer interest in the fermented milk drink was growing in western Europe.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife