USA: Value Holdings Agrees to Acquire MGI Packers
Value Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB:VALH), today announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase MGI Packers, Inc., a meat slaughtering, processing and distribution company located in Kitchener, Ontario. MGI generated sales of more than $85 million (U.S.) in its most recent fiscal year. The company also has assets of approximately $11 million (U.S.). Value Holdings anticipates that this would give the company the required equity to apply for a listing on a national stock exchange such as the NASDAQ. Key management personnel will stay with the company. "We intend to leverage our expertise in the wholesale distribution of commodity products to expand sales and increase profitability at MGI," said Robert Ziner, President and CEO of Value Holldings, Inc. MGI, in addition to its regular meat processing operations, also produces Halal certified meats for those Muslims who follow Islam's dietary regulations. There are approximately 6 million Muslims in North America. MGI is one of the few certified producers in North America. The companies expect to be able to close the acquisition in approximately 60 days. Value will pay $4 million in stock for MGI and will invest another $1 million into operations. Value will also assume certain debts of MGI. Value Holdings, Inc. is a holding company formed to acquire businesses. The corporate goal is to build well-run independent subsidiaries which have solid market niches with compounded growth rates in terms of revenues and earnings. This release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve the known and unknown risks and uncertainties which may cause the company's actual results in future periods to differ materially from what is anticipated. Such statements include such words as "expect" and "anticipate."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review