UK: Value remains king in UK retail sector, says Asda exec at IGD annual convention
Value remains king and price is the most important factor, stressed Richard Baker, deputy COO at supermarket group Asda , this morning. Speaking at the Institute of Grocery Distribution's (IGD) annual convention, Solving the Value Equation, Baker explained how a look at today's supermarket sector highlights how consumers value everyday low prices (EDLP) over a series of price promotions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations