USA: Van den Bergh Foods patents edible fat spread
Van den Bergh Foods , a division of Unilever subsidiary Conopco , has been awarded a new patent for 'edible fat spread.' The background to the patent is that recent publications have stated that trans unsaturated fatty acid residues have an effect on blood cholesterol levels resembling that of saturated fatty acids (SAFA). These findings have created a consumer demand for products in which the content of trans fatty acid residues is at least considerably reduced, but preferably zero.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods