FRANCE: Vandemoortele to close two French sites
Belgian food group Vandemoortele is to close two of the sites in France that form part of its Panavi bakery business.
Panavi, which Vandemoortele acquired in 2007, confirmed the closure of two factories to just-food today (9 April).
The factories, located in Normandy and in the south-west of France, are being closed as Panavi deals with changes to regulations on the cool chain.
Some 93 staff in Normandy and 48 employees in the south-west will be affected.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO