INDIA: Vegetable and Fruit Promotion Council takes over from KHDP
Indian agriculture minister, Krishnan Kaniyamparambil, has revealed that the government will set up a Vegetable and Fruit Promotion Council, on which he will act as chairman. The council is intended to continue the work of the Kerala Horticulture Development Project (KHDP), whose activities begun in 1992, and while it will be registered as a company, the government share will not fall below 30%. Self-help farmers groups will be able to hold a further 50%, while the remaining stock will become available to banks and research institutions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk