USA: Veneman announces schools for Farm Bill Pilot Programme
US Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman has announced the selection of schools participating in the US$6m Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Programme designed to provide free fruits and vegetables to school children throughout the day. Out of 800 applications reviewed by USDA, 100 schools in Indiana, Iowa, Ohio and Michigan and six schools in the Zuni Pueblo in New Mexico were selected for the Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Programme. The funds available for the programme will be distributed based on the school's enrolment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea