USA: Veneman announces schools for Farm Bill Pilot Programme
US Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman has announced the selection of schools participating in the US$6m Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Programme designed to provide free fruits and vegetables to school children throughout the day. Out of 800 applications reviewed by USDA, 100 schools in Indiana, Iowa, Ohio and Michigan and six schools in the Zuni Pueblo in New Mexico were selected for the Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Programme. The funds available for the programme will be distributed based on the school's enrolment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020