USA: Veneman announces schools for Farm Bill Pilot Programme
US Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman has announced the selection of schools participating in the US$6m Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Programme designed to provide free fruits and vegetables to school children throughout the day. Out of 800 applications reviewed by USDA, 100 schools in Indiana, Iowa, Ohio and Michigan and six schools in the Zuni Pueblo in New Mexico were selected for the Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Programme. The funds available for the programme will be distributed based on the school's enrolment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations