USA: Veneman announces US$30m purchase of pork products
US agriculture secretary Ann M. Veneman today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will purchase up to US$30m of pork products for use in school feeding and nutrition programmes. "This decision will provide nutritious and quality food products for recipients of federal food and nutrition programmes," said Veneman. "These purchases will also provide a boost to pork producers who have experienced tough economic conditions this year."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations