USA: Veneman announces US$30m purchase of pork products
US agriculture secretary Ann M. Veneman today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will purchase up to US$30m of pork products for use in school feeding and nutrition programmes. "This decision will provide nutritious and quality food products for recipients of federal food and nutrition programmes," said Veneman. "These purchases will also provide a boost to pork producers who have experienced tough economic conditions this year."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti