USA: Veneman announces US$30m purchase of pork products
US agriculture secretary Ann M. Veneman today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will purchase up to US$30m of pork products for use in school feeding and nutrition programmes. "This decision will provide nutritious and quality food products for recipients of federal food and nutrition programmes," said Veneman. "These purchases will also provide a boost to pork producers who have experienced tough economic conditions this year."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units