USA: Veneman urges agricultural policy overhaul; fewer subsidies and more emphasis on safety and environment
US Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman has urged congress to overhaul federal farm policy and invest in food safety programmes, pest prevention, nutrition awareness and environmental issues. Lawmakers are currently rewriting the laws that govern spending and regulatory programme due to expire next year. Veneman argues that the traditional support programme for grain and cotton farmers needs overhauling before they receive another flow of money.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units