USA: Vestar becomes majority shareholder in Agrilink with completion of deal
Rochester, NY-based Agrilink Foods, a manufacturer and marketer of frozen vegetables, and investment firm Vestar Capital Partners have announced the completion of a US$175m equity investment in Agrilink by affiliates of Vestar. The change in control transaction, originally announced on 21 June 2002, values Agrilink at about US$800m. Agrilink had been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pro-Fac Cooperative, a 500-member grower cooperative which will continue to hold a significant minority interest in Agrilink.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix