US: Vestar, Goldman Sachs acquire contract manufacturer Hearthside
Private equity firms Goldman Sachs and Vestar Capital Parters have acquired Illinois-based bakery and snack contract manufacturer Hearthside Food Solutions from Wind Point Partners.
Hearthside operates 20 food manufacturing facilities across eight states in the US. The co-manufacturer provides baked goods and grain-based food and snack products for "some of the world's leading premier brands", Vestar said.
Hearthside manufactures more than 150 brands and 1,400 SKUs for its food sector customers. It is focused on four main product platforms: bars, cookies and crackers, granola and cereals and snacks.
Dan O'Connell, CEO of Vestar, suggested that he sees significant growth potential in the co-manufacturer model.
"Hearthside is not only one of the largest co-manufacturers in the food industry, but also the leader in quality, safety, and innovation. They respond rapidly to industry trends and shifting consumer preferences. Now more than ever, food companies turn to co-manufacturers like Hearthside to help them initiate and accelerate the commercialization process and for timely response to changing consumer preferences," he stressed.
Rich Scalise, chairman and CEO of Hearthside, added: "Going forward, by leveraging the experience and relationships of both Goldman and Vestar, we are confident we can take the company to the next level of growth in the contract manufacturing industry."
Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the second quarter, were not disclosed. Goldman Sachs and Vestar will hold equal stakes in the company.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report