AUSTRALIA: Victoria fruit and veg growers eye potential of Italian export market
Victorian fruit and vegetable growers are eyeing Italy as a lucrative export market with the potential to act as a gateway into Europe. The Victorian fruit & vegetable industry and the Italian Chamber of Commerce have recently completed a ten-month trial of fruit and vegetables exports worth A$2m (US$1m) from Victoria to Italy, and secretary general of the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Melbourne, Henry La Motta, has praised the quality of Australia's fruit and vegetables as equal to Italian produce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK