AUSTRALIA: Victoria fruit and veg growers eye potential of Italian export market
Victorian fruit and vegetable growers are eyeing Italy as a lucrative export market with the potential to act as a gateway into Europe. The Victorian fruit & vegetable industry and the Italian Chamber of Commerce have recently completed a ten-month trial of fruit and vegetables exports worth A$2m (US$1m) from Victoria to Italy, and secretary general of the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Melbourne, Henry La Motta, has praised the quality of Australia's fruit and vegetables as equal to Italian produce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund