UPDATE: UK: Vietnam deal sign of DEE focus - Unilever
Knorr-to-Lipton maker Unilever said its move to gain full control of its Vietnam subsidiary is part of a strategy to boost its presence in emerging markets.
The Anglo-Dutch conglomerate today (23 June) announced that it had upped its stake in its Vietnamese business from 66.7% to 100%.
Unilever bought out local partner Vinachem for an undisclsoed sum. The two sides had joined forces in 1995 when Unilever entered the Vietnamese market.
A Unilever spokesperson said the company's sales in Vietnam were "growing" and the company made the investment as part of its "general global priority" of "building its presence in developing and emerging markets".
The food industry is one of the sectors most resilient to economic downturns but 2009 has not been without its challenges for the world's leading manufacturers. The turmoil seen on the financial marke...
Thailand still represents an "attractive opportunity" for investors despite the country's economy taking a "beating" from the global downturn, new research has claimed....
US food giant Sara Lee is to reduce the salt content in a number of its food categories by around 20% over the next five years....
Anglo-Dutch consumer giant Unilever has confirmed the appointment of Jean-Marc Huet as chief financial officer....
Unilever has received an advertising boost in the UK after regulators ruled a Flora heart-health ad was not misleading....
Anglo-Dutch consumer giant Unilever has remained silent on reports that it is poised to appoint former Bristol-Myers Squibb executive Jean-Marc Huet as its new finance chief....
Unilever and Coca-Cola Co. have joined forces to launch a plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions from the global consumer goods industry....
A Greenpeace report claiming that a major supplier of palm oil to Unilever is engaged in illegal deforestation has prompted the Anglo-Dutch food giant to suspend all future purchases from the company....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image