VIETNAM: Vietnam to export organic shrimps with German assistance
Nature Land , a German organisation that promotes the production and consumption of organic food, is sending a team to Vietnam to survey and organic shrimp project with a view to exporting the shrimps within the next month or two. If the project, which was established in a JV between Ca Mau province an a foreign partner, meets with Nature Land's approval, the shrimps will be granted an organic product certificate. This would make Vietnam the first country in Southeast Asia to export organic shrimps, for which demand is growing in the West.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories