LITHUANIA: Vilkyskiu Pienine buys dairy producer
Lithuanian cheese producer Vilkyskiu Pienine AB has announced today (1 February) that it has signed a contract to acquire 99.1% of the shares in local dairy firm Kelmes Pienine.
Vilkyskiu Pienine is one of the four largest cheese producers in Lithuania, holding approximately 15% of the domestic market.
The company declined to comment when contacted by just-food today.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target