USA: A&P: vintage grocer loses its frills (COMMENT)
Following A&P's Q2 loss of US$144.7m, the company is turning to budget-conscious shoppers to boost flagging sales. Its new Food Basics 'mini-supermarkets' take their concept from the increasingly popular dollar stores. However, Food Basics will only pose competition for the likes of Wal-Mart if A&P can maintain low prices and consistent product availability.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs