Vion names ex-Rabobank exec Schat as chairman
Vion names chairman and additional director
Vion has named former Rabobank director Sipko Schat as its new chairman.
Schat succeeds Hans Huijbers, who will stay on as the Netherlands-based meat processor's vice chairman. The company also appointed Cees van Rijn, the former CFO of animal feed group Nutreco, to its board. Van Rijn will have a role "supervising finances", Vion said.
Michiel Herkemij, Vion's CEO, said Schat and van Rijn would "fully use their financial expertise for Vion's benefit".
He added: "Sipko's background in banking, with a tremendous experience in the agrarian sector, and Cees's long years of experience in the food sector, are extremely relevant to Vion."
Vion Food Group has confirmed the appointment of Greenyard Foods COO Francis Kint as its new chief executive....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review