UK: Vion pork unit changes name to Karro Food Group
The UK pork operations offloaded by Vion last year have been renamed as Karro Food Group.
The business, which was acquired as an MBO in December, will take effect from this week, the company said today (5 February).
The company said the name, which is derived from the Latin word for meat - Caro - is "reflective of our desire to be a high quality British Pork producer with the customer as our focus".
It said the Karro management team and its investment partners will work together to focus on "building a platform of sustainable farming relationships, first class production facilities, investment in people, high quality product ranges and working with customers to grow British pork sales".
Karro will supply fresh pork and cured and cooked meats to the retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers, as it did under Vion ownership.
"We are truly delighted at the continued support from our suppliers, customers and employees with this development," said MD Seamus Carr. "We are part of a really strong and dynamic business which will allow us to grow and develop the British pork industry."
Dutch food group Vion put its entire UK business up for sale in November last year, amid over-capacity in the meat sector and "extremely challenging" trading conditions.
Bernard Matthews Farms has admitted it may look for outside investment and 2 Sisters Food Group is reportedly considering a bid for the business. Industry watchers believe the UK food giant is the pri...
Karro Food Group is proposing to cut slaughter and butchery operations at its Wiveliscombe facility in Somerset, putting 113 jobs at risk....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights