US: Vita announces loan agreement
US salad dressings and condiments producer Vita Food Products has announced that MDB Alternative Investments, a company controlled by Vita director Howard Bedford, has transferred the remaining US$2m of its $3m aggregate investment in the company in exchange for a note issued to MDB dated 15 June, 2007.
Vita said the note has been secured by a second mortgage on the company's property at 2222 West Lake Street in Chicago, Illinois, and bears interest at an annual rate of 6%. It will mature on 31 August, 2007 but is prepayable without penalty.
The company said it intends to prepay the note upon its issuance to MDB of 2,400,000 shares of common stock and warrants to purchase a total of 2,000,000 additional shares in accordance with an agreement between Vita and Bedford dated 14 May, 2007. At that time, the entire $3m will become an equity investment in the company, Vita said.
Companies: Vita Food Products
The UK's competition watchdog has given the green light to the merger of dairy processors First Milk and Milk Link....
As previously announced would happen, Vita Food Products has been delisted from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX)....
Growing losses from both its seafood and speciality foods business have worsened quarterly figures at Vita Food Products....
Vita Food Products is to pull its shares from the American Stock Exchange in a bid to trim costs from the business....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant