USA: Vita Food Products, Inc. agreement reached to purchase stock of Virginia Honey Company, Inc.
Commenting on the acquisition, Stephen D. Rubin, President of Vita stated, "We expect this acquisition will bring significant earnings to Vita. Vita has long been subject to seasonality, which affects earnings in the fourth quarter of each year, but with Virginia Honey we should see more consistency on the bottom line."
Clark L. Feldman, Executive Vice President of Vita, commented, "It's a great fit. Virginia Honey's products fall right into our niche of specialty foods. Their products have seen very encouraging consumer response and we're excited about taking them to a national level through our marketing programs and broker network."
Vita Food Products, Inc. is the U.S. leader in the herring and retail packaged salmon products, and is engaged in several other food segments, including cream cheese and spreads, shrimp cocktail, and horseradish. More than 95% of Vita's sales are in kosher foods.
This release contains forward-looking statements about Vita Food Products. Any such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, those risks noted in Vita's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and risks related to the closing of the acquisition of Virginia and the acquisition's effect on Vita's earnings. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflect management's analysis only as of the date hereof.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review