USA: Vita Food Products, Inc. to purchase outstanding equity of Virginia Honey Company, Inc.
Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF; CHX) announced that it has entered into an agreement in principle with Virginia Honey Company, Inc. and Terry W. Hess, the sole shareholder of Virginia Honey, to purchase all of the equity of Virginia Honey. Virginia Honey is a manufacturer and distributor of exceptional honey, salad dressings, including its award-winning vidalia onion vinaigrette salad dressing, sauces, jams & jellies, and gift baskets. The expansion of Virginia Honey in 1998 provided a 24,000 square foot packaging operation as well as new state-of-the-art filling equipment and a 30,000 square foot manufacturing plant. Pursuant to the agreement with Vita, Mr. Hess will enter into an employment agreement with Virginia Honey.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations