USA: Vita Food Products revises second quarter 2001 results
Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced that the company discovered an error in the unit cost of one inventory item in its standard cost system. This error affected the second quarter results for 2001, resulting in an overstatement of inventory and understatement of cost of goods sold by $193,000. The company's restatement of previously announced earnings to correct the error reflects a reduction of earnings by $141,000, net of related tax benefit of $52,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti