USA: Vita Food Products revises second quarter 2001 results
Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced that the company discovered an error in the unit cost of one inventory item in its standard cost system. This error affected the second quarter results for 2001, resulting in an overstatement of inventory and understatement of cost of goods sold by $193,000. The company's restatement of previously announced earnings to correct the error reflects a reduction of earnings by $141,000, net of related tax benefit of $52,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs