USA: Vita Food Products revises second quarter 2001 results
Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced that the company discovered an error in the unit cost of one inventory item in its standard cost system. This error affected the second quarter results for 2001, resulting in an overstatement of inventory and understatement of cost of goods sold by $193,000. The company's restatement of previously announced earnings to correct the error reflects a reduction of earnings by $141,000, net of related tax benefit of $52,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch