USA: Vita Food Products revises second quarter 2001 results
Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced that the company discovered an error in the unit cost of one inventory item in its standard cost system. This error affected the second quarter results for 2001, resulting in an overstatement of inventory and understatement of cost of goods sold by $193,000. The company's restatement of previously announced earnings to correct the error reflects a reduction of earnings by $141,000, net of related tax benefit of $52,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1