USA: Vita Foods Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2000 Results
* Fourth quarter sales surged, led by growth in salmon sales. -- Fourth Quarter sales surged to $8.7 million, up $590,000 from the prior year led by strong increases in the company's salmon product line sales. -- Operating profit was up to $1.1 million in the quarter representing an increase of $268,000 compared to the prior year. Net earnings for the quarter more than doubled to $878,000 from the prior year. Included in the earnings is $132,000 from an agreement with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District resulting in a reduction in user charges the company had previously expensed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods