USA: Vita Foods Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2000 Results
* Fourth quarter sales surged, led by growth in salmon sales. -- Fourth Quarter sales surged to $8.7 million, up $590,000 from the prior year led by strong increases in the company's salmon product line sales. -- Operating profit was up to $1.1 million in the quarter representing an increase of $268,000 compared to the prior year. Net earnings for the quarter more than doubled to $878,000 from the prior year. Included in the earnings is $132,000 from an agreement with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District resulting in a reduction in user charges the company had previously expensed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target