USA: Vita Foods reports second quarter 2001 results
For the second quarter ended June 30, 2001, Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced net income of $53,000, or $0.01 per share, compared with a net loss of $110,000 or $0.03 per share in the second quarter of 2000, an improvement of $163,000 or $0.04 per share. The increase in quarterly earnings was due primarily to increased sales through targeted promotional programs and margin improvement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review