USA: Vita Foods reports third quarter 2001 results
For the third quarter ended September 30, 2001, Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced net income of $295,000, or $0.08 per share, compared to a net loss of $89,000 or $0.02 per share in the third quarter of 2000, an improvement of $384,000 or $0.10 per share. The increase in quarterly earnings was due primarily to increased sales and margin improvement resulting in a $304,000 profit improvement for Vita. In addition, Vita completed its acquisition of Virginia Honey Company, Inc., which contributed $80,000 of net income for the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO