USA: Vita Foods reports third quarter 2001 results
For the third quarter ended September 30, 2001, Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced net income of $295,000, or $0.08 per share, compared to a net loss of $89,000 or $0.02 per share in the third quarter of 2000, an improvement of $384,000 or $0.10 per share. The increase in quarterly earnings was due primarily to increased sales and margin improvement resulting in a $304,000 profit improvement for Vita. In addition, Vita completed its acquisition of Virginia Honey Company, Inc., which contributed $80,000 of net income for the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast