USA: Vita Foods reports third quarter 2001 results
For the third quarter ended September 30, 2001, Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced net income of $295,000, or $0.08 per share, compared to a net loss of $89,000 or $0.02 per share in the third quarter of 2000, an improvement of $384,000 or $0.10 per share. The increase in quarterly earnings was due primarily to increased sales and margin improvement resulting in a $304,000 profit improvement for Vita. In addition, Vita completed its acquisition of Virginia Honey Company, Inc., which contributed $80,000 of net income for the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations