USA: Vita Foods reports third quarter 2001 results
For the third quarter ended September 30, 2001, Vita Food Products, Inc. (Amex: VSF) yesterday announced net income of $295,000, or $0.08 per share, compared to a net loss of $89,000 or $0.02 per share in the third quarter of 2000, an improvement of $384,000 or $0.10 per share. The increase in quarterly earnings was due primarily to increased sales and margin improvement resulting in a $304,000 profit improvement for Vita. In addition, Vita completed its acquisition of Virginia Honey Company, Inc., which contributed $80,000 of net income for the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods