UK: Vitacress to shed jobs in management restructure
Fresh produce group Vitacress has announced plans to unify its three UK businesses - Vitacress Salads, VHB and Wight Salad - under a single management structure.
The move will include the closure of the Vitacress head office in Eastleigh, Hampshire. The company expects around 25 management positions to be eliminated.
In a statement, Vitacress said the reorganisation would create a "leaner, more customer-focused" business.
The businesses' growing, packing and distribution centres will not be affected by the changes.
Toby Brinsmead, CEO, said the changes would provide the group with "more ability to invest in the future."
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO