UK: Vitacress to shed jobs in management restructure
Fresh produce group Vitacress has announced plans to unify its three UK businesses - Vitacress Salads, VHB and Wight Salad - under a single management structure.
The move will include the closure of the Vitacress head office in Eastleigh, Hampshire. The company expects around 25 management positions to be eliminated.
In a statement, Vitacress said the reorganisation would create a "leaner, more customer-focused" business.
The businesses' growing, packing and distribution centres will not be affected by the changes.
Toby Brinsmead, CEO, said the changes would provide the group with "more ability to invest in the future."
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Arla expands in Egypt with Juhayna JV
- DMK to shut two ice cream plants