UK: Vitacress to shed jobs in management restructure
Fresh produce group Vitacress has announced plans to unify its three UK businesses - Vitacress Salads, VHB and Wight Salad - under a single management structure.
The move will include the closure of the Vitacress head office in Eastleigh, Hampshire. The company expects around 25 management positions to be eliminated.
In a statement, Vitacress said the reorganisation would create a "leaner, more customer-focused" business.
The businesses' growing, packing and distribution centres will not be affected by the changes.
Toby Brinsmead, CEO, said the changes would provide the group with "more ability to invest in the future."
Sectors: Fresh produce
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis