UK: Vitacress to shed jobs in management restructure
Fresh produce group Vitacress has announced plans to unify its three UK businesses - Vitacress Salads, VHB and Wight Salad - under a single management structure.
The move will include the closure of the Vitacress head office in Eastleigh, Hampshire. The company expects around 25 management positions to be eliminated.
In a statement, Vitacress said the reorganisation would create a "leaner, more customer-focused" business.
The businesses' growing, packing and distribution centres will not be affected by the changes.
Toby Brinsmead, CEO, said the changes would provide the group with "more ability to invest in the future."
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus