UK: Vitacress to shed jobs in management restructure
Fresh produce group Vitacress has announced plans to unify its three UK businesses - Vitacress Salads, VHB and Wight Salad - under a single management structure.
The move will include the closure of the Vitacress head office in Eastleigh, Hampshire. The company expects around 25 management positions to be eliminated.
In a statement, Vitacress said the reorganisation would create a "leaner, more customer-focused" business.
The businesses' growing, packing and distribution centres will not be affected by the changes.
Toby Brinsmead, CEO, said the changes would provide the group with "more ability to invest in the future."
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Nestle strengthens margins but net profit down
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Pinnacle Foods closes Evol plant
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline