US: Vitale named CFO of Post Holdings
Ralcorp Holdings has named Robert Vitale as CFO of Post Holdings, the US branded cereals business that will be spun off from the private-label food maker next year.
The split is scheduled to take place by early next year but Vitale will join Post on 1 November alongside its newly-appointed CEO of Post, William Stiritz, who is currently Ralcorp's chairman.
Vitale has been president and CEO of financial services group AHM Financial since 2006. His career also includes roles as chairman and majority shareholder of Canadian discount retailer The Bargain Shop and as partner at private-equity firm Westgate Group.
Ralcorp said Vitale had "significant investment experience" in the branded food, food ingredients and branded consumer products industries.
"Rob is a talented financial professional with the right skills and expertise to serve as CFO of Post Holdings," Stiritz said.
Profits from US cereal maker Post fell 30% in last three months of 2011, Ralcorp Holdings, the private-label group that has spun off the business, has revealed....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery