US: Vitality sells portion cups business to Country Pure Foods
Vitality Foodservice has reached an agreement in principal for the sale of its portion cups business to Country Pure Foods, the Ohio-based independent juice processor.
The terms of the sale have been approved by the boards of directors for both companies, subject to certain contingencies, and the deal is expected to close within the next 60 days.
"The transition of the cups category is part of an overall strategy to focus on our core business which is value-added, dispensed beverages," said Vitality CEO Gary Viljoen. "The cups business represented a small portion of Vitality's total enterprise."
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly