GREECE: Vivartia eyes France, Italy with Granarolo tie-up
Vivartia's Delta subsidiary, Greece's largest dairy, will manufacture the yoghurt and cheese in Greece. Products will then be fed into Granarolo's distribution network, the company said.
"This highly strategic partnership brings together two leading dairy companies, with experience of over 50 years each in their respective countries, and is expected to bring significant benefits to both parties," Delta said.
Vivartia CEO Yiannis Artinos said the move was part of the group's drive to fulfil its "internationalisation vision".
"We are particularly pleased and excited about this partnership, not only because it brings together two companies committed in bringing to their consumers products with the highest quality standards, but because it also opens the way for the presence of our products in larger markets, for more partnerships and for greater growth," he predicted.
Health and wellness-related food and beverage products, which had been able to increase sales even during the global economic and financial crisis and Italy’s subsequent recession in 2011, continued t...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during January 2014. Summary Usi...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global dairy food market during January 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the late...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global dairy food market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the...
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Danone's Stonyfield launches layered yoghurt