GREECE: Vivartia eyes France, Italy with Granarolo tie-up
Vivartia's Delta subsidiary, Greece's largest dairy, will manufacture the yoghurt and cheese in Greece. Products will then be fed into Granarolo's distribution network, the company said.
"This highly strategic partnership brings together two leading dairy companies, with experience of over 50 years each in their respective countries, and is expected to bring significant benefits to both parties," Delta said.
Vivartia CEO Yiannis Artinos said the move was part of the group's drive to fulfil its "internationalisation vision".
"We are particularly pleased and excited about this partnership, not only because it brings together two companies committed in bringing to their consumers products with the highest quality standards, but because it also opens the way for the presence of our products in larger markets, for more partnerships and for greater growth," he predicted.
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Brands and own-label do battle in western Europe
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez abandons Hershey pursuit
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Samworth buys Euphorium bakery in UK