USA: Vlasic announces second quarter 2001 results; Agrees to sell its two U.K. businesses
Vlasic Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: VLFIQ) yesterday announced its second quarter 2001 results for the period ending January 28, 2001. The Company also announced that is has agreed to sell its two businesses in the United Kingdom - "Freshbake" frozen foods and SonA canned and jarred fruits, vegetables and beans - to separate parties, subject to bankruptcy court approval. These businesses are now reported as discontinued operations, as are the Company's pickle and barbecue sauce businesses which the Company previously announced it has agreed to sell to H.J. Heinz, subject to standard government and regulatory clearances and bankruptcy court approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review