USA: Vlasic announces second quarter 2001 results; Agrees to sell its two U.K. businesses
Vlasic Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: VLFIQ) yesterday announced its second quarter 2001 results for the period ending January 28, 2001. The Company also announced that is has agreed to sell its two businesses in the United Kingdom - "Freshbake" frozen foods and SonA canned and jarred fruits, vegetables and beans - to separate parties, subject to bankruptcy court approval. These businesses are now reported as discontinued operations, as are the Company's pickle and barbecue sauce businesses which the Company previously announced it has agreed to sell to H.J. Heinz, subject to standard government and regulatory clearances and bankruptcy court approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 survey – profits and sales
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth