USA: Vlasic announces second quarter 2001 results; Agrees to sell its two U.K. businesses
Vlasic Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: VLFIQ) yesterday announced its second quarter 2001 results for the period ending January 28, 2001. The Company also announced that is has agreed to sell its two businesses in the United Kingdom - "Freshbake" frozen foods and SonA canned and jarred fruits, vegetables and beans - to separate parties, subject to bankruptcy court approval. These businesses are now reported as discontinued operations, as are the Company's pickle and barbecue sauce businesses which the Company previously announced it has agreed to sell to H.J. Heinz, subject to standard government and regulatory clearances and bankruptcy court approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO