USA: Vlasic announces second quarter 2001 results; Agrees to sell its two U.K. businesses
Vlasic Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: VLFIQ) yesterday announced its second quarter 2001 results for the period ending January 28, 2001. The Company also announced that is has agreed to sell its two businesses in the United Kingdom - "Freshbake" frozen foods and SonA canned and jarred fruits, vegetables and beans - to separate parties, subject to bankruptcy court approval. These businesses are now reported as discontinued operations, as are the Company's pickle and barbecue sauce businesses which the Company previously announced it has agreed to sell to H.J. Heinz, subject to standard government and regulatory clearances and bankruptcy court approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Mondelez takes thinner Oreos to Germany