USA: Vlasic - ends sale to Heinz - COMMENT
Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst has been declared top bidder for Vlasic. Heinz agreed to buy Vlasic's pickle and barbecue sauce businesses on the day it filed for bankruptcy protection. But Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst offered $370 million for the whole business and came out on top. Hicks has made some good food industry investments in the past, but may find the Vlasic buy-out to be rather a challenge.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund