USA: Vlasic - ends sale to Heinz - COMMENT
Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst has been declared top bidder for Vlasic. Heinz agreed to buy Vlasic's pickle and barbecue sauce businesses on the day it filed for bankruptcy protection. But Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst offered $370 million for the whole business and came out on top. Hicks has made some good food industry investments in the past, but may find the Vlasic buy-out to be rather a challenge.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch