USA: Vlasic - ends sale to Heinz - COMMENT
Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst has been declared top bidder for Vlasic. Heinz agreed to buy Vlasic's pickle and barbecue sauce businesses on the day it filed for bankruptcy protection. But Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst offered $370 million for the whole business and came out on top. Hicks has made some good food industry investments in the past, but may find the Vlasic buy-out to be rather a challenge.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin