USA: Vlasic Foods to file a bankruptcy plan with the bankruptcy court within two weeks
Vlasic Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: VLFIQ), which is a debtor-in possession under Chapter 11 of the U. S. Bankruptcy Code, previously announced that on May 22, 2001 it consummated the sale of its U.S. businesses to Pinnacle Foods Corporation. Vlasic expects to file a bankruptcy plan with the United States Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware within two weeks. The company previously announced that its bankruptcy plan would provide for a distribution to unsecured creditors. However, as proceeds of asset sales are not sufficient to pay creditors in full, the bankruptcy plan will not provide for any distributions to holders of Vlasic common stock.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning